WE WILL FIGHT TO PROTECT YOUR
LEGAL RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW.
Shellie R. Reyes
Ms. Reyes is a Partner of Clausewitz Law Firm. She has a broad litigation practice representing individuals and companies in both State and Federal Court proceedings. In her practice, Ms. Reyes handles a wide variety of business and commercial disputes involving breach of contract, business torts, fiduciary duties, injunction litigation, real property rights, oil and gas, collection matters, deceptive trade practice, construction defects, and employment contracts.
Ms. Reyes also litigates and counsels on business assets and entities involved in divorce proceedings.
Ms. Reyes is an emerging leader in the legal field and community. In 2018, she was selected to participate in the Bexar County Women’s Bar Foundation’s LEAD Academy, a select leadership program aimed at developing accomplished women attorneys into leaders in the legal field and their community. In 2019, Ms. Reyes was selected to participate in Cohort 4 of the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s Latina Leadership Institute, a selective leadership program which prepares and advances women leaders into higher civic engagement roles on boards, commissions, and in public office on local, regional, and national levels.
Currently, Ms. Reyes serves on the Latina Leadership Institute’s Cohort 5 Steering Committee, on the Board of Directors for Project Transformation, on the Board of Directors for San Antonio Youth Literacy, and is a member of the executive board of the Family Law Section of the San Antonio Bar Association. Ms. Reyes is also involved in San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce as member of the Leadership and Small Business Committees.
Ms. Reyes has been recognized for her achievements in the legal field, named a Best Lawyer by Scene in S.A. Magazine in 2016, 2018, and 2019.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, TX, May 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Public Relations, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, May 2010
- State of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2020
- San Antonio’s Best Lawyers by Scene in S.A. Magazine, 2016 –2019
- 2016 (Family Law, Appellate)
- 2017 (General Litigation)
- 2018 (Construction Litigation)
- 2019 (Business Litigation)
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Foundation, LEAD Academy Graduate, 2018
- Latina Leadership Institute, San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Alumnae – Cohort 4
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Family Law Section, Executive Board, Officer at Large (2019-2020)
- Litigation Section, Member
- Texas Bar College
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Association
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc.
- Hispanic Women’s Network of Texas
- Project Transformation, Board of Directors (2020-Present)
- San Antonio Youth Literacy, Board of Directors (2020-Present)
- San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Committee
- Small Business Committee
- Latina Leadership Institute Steering Committee – Cohort 5 (2020)
Publications & Presentations
- Attorney at Law Magazine, “Dividing Business Interests to Make Final Decree of Divorce Final,” July 2019
- San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Lunch and Learn: “Is your Business Protected? Asset Protection for Business Owners in Texas,” May 2019
- San Antonio Bar Association Family Law Section Luncheon: “Business Interests and Divorce,” June 2018
- San Antonio Bar Association’s Extreme Family Law Makeover: “It’s No Longer Taboo: Same-Sex Marriage & Divorce in Texas” – Lesh Case Panel, February 2015
- San Antonio Bar Association’s Bench Motions and Trials VII: “Unwritten Rules for Practicing in Bexar County,” with Judge Antonia “Toni” Arteaga, May 2015